Cooking fire in East evacuates residents

MAT SCOTT

News Editor

East Hall was evacuated last Tuesday due to a fire starting in the kitchen.

As the building was evacuated, the fire department was called to respond to the incident.

Jamie Kass ‘17 assisted in putting out the fire, which started in a pot on the stove, according to multiple witnesses..

According to Ohio state law, occupants of a building are required to evacuate any time a fire alarm is sounded, whether or not there is an actual fire that caused the alarm. Denison students may be written up by the Office of Housing and Residential Education for failing to exit a residence hall when a fire alarm is sounded.